Idols Terms and Conditions
Interactive audience voting has been set-up on behalf of M-Net by DStv Online, a division of Multichoice (Pty) Ltd to enable Idols viewers to vote for their favourite contestant that they want to win the Idols competition. The voting has been set up to encourage Viewer participation in the show and give them a say in the outcome of the series.
All valid votes will automatically be entered into a prize draw each week as well as qualify for the grand prize draw at the end of the series. Details of the prizes can be found on http://www.mnet.co.za/idolsSA. If you do not wish to be considered for the prize draw please send an email containing your cell number and/or MXit ID to NoIdolsPrize@mnet.co.za.
You may vote by SMS, MXit, WEB and WAP service only. For SMS you will vote by texting a vote for your favourite contestant according to the instructions specified in the Idols programme and the text costs of your service provider will apply. MXit will happen via the MXit application on your mobile phone. Voting via website and mobisite will be available on www.mnet.co.za/idolssa and data costs of the ISP will apply. To vote via website and mobisite you will need to register for DStv Connect and verify your registration. All voting information will be clearly communicated in the programme as well as on the Idols website and interactive application.
Each SMS vote costs R1.50; free SMS bundles do not apply. Please ask permission from the bill payer prior to voting. No refunds will be offered at any time.
Each MXit vote costs 20 moola (R0.20).
All unrecognised SMSs (SMSs where the text does not match the advertised voting text or cannot be allocated to a specific contestant) will be charged for but not counted and the subscriber who sent the SMS will not be eligible for any of the prizes.
Viewer voting starts on 21 July 2012. Vote lines open at the beginning of each Sunday evening show at 5:30pm and close every Monday at 10pm, except for the Top 18 voting weekend, where the voting will start at the beginning of the Saturday show at 5:30pm on 21 July 2012 and end at 5:29:59pm before the Sunday evening show on 22 July 2012 for group 1. The Sunday evening voting will start at the beginning of the show at 5:30pm on 22 July 2012 and end at 5:29:59pm on the Monday afternoon following the show for group 2. The final voting period will start at the end of the show (approx. 8pm) on 25 September 2012 and close the following Monday 1st October at 10pm when viewer voting will end. Votes made or received outside of these times will not be counted since they would be received after the relevant competition voting period closes. Electronic Media Network Limited (“M-Net”) reserves the right to change the voting rules at any time, and may suspend, withdraw or re-set voting at its sole discretion. Where M-Net does change the voting rules, this will be advertised on.
M-Net reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers that there has been any attempt to manipulate the voting fraudulently. Viewers will be limited to 100 votes per voting platform per voting period for SMS and MXit. Votes in excess of 100 will be charged for but will not be counted and will not be eligible for any of the prizes. Votes are limited to one vote per hour per platform for WEB and WAP.
After the lines have closed, the result of the vote will be established from all votes received. LATE VOTES, OR VOTES NOT RECEIVED BY THE TIME THE RESULT IS CALCULATED, WILL NOT BE COUNTED BUT WILL BE CHARGED BY YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER WHERE APPLICABLE.
M-NET AND THE PRODUCERS OF IDOLS INCLUDING THEIR HOLDING AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS (“THE INDEMNIFIED PERSONS”) DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY OTHER PROBLEM WITH ANY MOBILE NETWORK, SYSTEM, SERVER, PROVIDER, SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE WHICH MAY RESULT IN ANY VOTE BEING LOST OR NOT PROPERLY RECEIVED, REGISTERED OR RECORDED OR NOT BEING RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE THE CLOSING TIME.
M-NET IS COMMITTED TO OPERATING FAIR VIEWER VOTING AND TO PREVENTING ABUSE OF ITS SYSTEMS, AS WELL AS THOSE OF ITS AGENTS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS. HOWEVER, M-NET DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE MOBILE NETWORKS AND OTHER NETWORKS USED IN CONNECTION WITH VOTING WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS NOR THAT THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE UNINTERRUPTED AND IN A FULLY OPERATING CONDITION. IN THE CASE OF SYSTEM FAILURE OR REPAIR OR FOR REASONS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF M-NET, THE SYSTEM AND/OR VOTING SERVICE MAY BE SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY AND WITHOUT NOTICE. THE INDEMNIFIED PERSONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON IN THE EVENT THAT ALL OR ANY PART OF THE SYSTEM AND/OR VOTING SERVICE IS DISCONTINUED, MODIFIED OR INTERRUPTED IN ANY WAY.
You hereby release and/or indemnify the Indemnified Persons from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with your participation in the voting in terms hereof, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of M-Net; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
M-Net will not have a say in the outcome of the vote, but judges voting may be done in consultation with M-Net. In the event that the vote outcome cannot be reasonably determined (due to a technical failure or other circumstance beyond M-Net’s reasonable control and the data is irrecoverable), then M-Net may postpone the result show or exclude the results from the system that failed, unless the data can be recovered.
One “judges’ save” is available to the judges from the TOP 10 to the TOP 4. In the event of a “judges’ save” no contestant will leave the show that week, but two contestants will leave at the end of the following voting period.
M-NET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ANY CHANGE WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE AND SUCH POSTING SHALL BE ADEQUATE NOTICE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE VOTING. ACCORDINGLY, YOU HEREBY UNDERTAKE TO CHECK THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EACH TIME YOU WISH TO VOTE.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by South African law and do not restrict your statutory rights as a consumer.
1. All valid votes on any advertised platform are automatically entered for the grand prize draw.
Winners of the first and second grand prize draws will be randomly selected from all valid votes cast for the duration of the Idols show. The conduction of the competition will be overseen by M-Net’s independent auditors.
• The Winner of the first grand prize draw will win a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 3 Door. The Fiesta will be delivered to a dealership convenient to the winner. The prize excludes insurance and petrol.
The second grand prize draw prize is a Yamaha YFZ450 Quad Bike (details need to be specified for delivery and exclusions). The prize excludes insurance and petrol.
Each week winners will be drawn randomly from the valid votes for the specific voting period. The Winners will be contacted by a representative from M-Net after the voting period has closed and notified what prize they have won as well as delivery/collection information. The Winners will be announced on the website. More information on what the prizes are can be found on the Viewers Vote Prize page at http://www.mnet.co.za/idolsSA . Mxit users’ contact details will be collected from their profile information by Mxit.
2. The prize draw only applies to South African citizens. No employees of, agents of, consultants to immediate family members of or dependents of Ford, Samsung, Truworths, KFC, Deloitte & Touche, M-Net and/or their respective production, advertising, sponsors, communications, media and PR agencies are eligible for winning any of the prizes.
4. No immediate family member or dependent of any of the Idols contestants is eligible for any of the prizes.
5. If the winner of the grand prize is under 18 years of age, a legal guardian in possession of a valid driver’s license must accept the prize.
6. The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The prize sponsors have the right to change the prizes in case of unforeseeable circumstances and cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage relating to these prizes or change thereof.
8. SMS votes cost R1.50; VAS rates apply. Free SMSs do not apply. CLI must be switched on.
9. Mxit votes cost R0.20 per vote (20 Moola)
Terms and Condition specific to the sponsors of the prizes.
Includes a Truworths gift card to the value of R2500; the winner is able to use the gift card at any Truworths store nationwide, the gift card expires within 3 years from the date that the gift card was issued by the promoter.
Conditions of the gift card: The use of the gift card constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions as follows: this card is not a credit card.
This card is valid for 3 years from the date that the gift card was issued by the promoter. Your fashion gift card can be used at any one of our Truworths, Truworths Man, Daniel Hechter, Inwear, LTD and UZZI stores in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland.
You may also use your gift card to credit your account but normal instalments still apply.
No cash change will be given, should you not utilize the full value of the gift card a credit will remain on the gift card for your future use.
Your gift card may not be redeemed against cellphone purchases or purchases on the Truworths website.
M-Net Standard Terms and Conditions
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”) and are available at www.mnetcorporate.co.za and www.mnet.co.za/idolssa
2. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
3. The competition is not open to
1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, dependent, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
5. You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by Multichoice within the past six months and should you enter a competition within six months of winning in a previous competition, you will not be entitled to any prize. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by Multichoice after the expiry of six months after the date on which you won the last competition.
6. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
7. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
8. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
10. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
11. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, [free from defects, safe or reliable].
12. We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
13. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
14. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
15. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
16. The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and MultiChoice reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
17. In the event that you win a prize and you agree to the publication of your name and/or appear in person in the electronic media and the print media and/or, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, then Multichoice will make such further arrangements with you but no fee will be payable to you for such appearance.
18. We may require you to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
19. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
20. We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. Any such variation, postponement, suspension or cancelation will be published through www.mnet.co.za/idolsSa Prior to winning, in the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
21. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
22. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
23. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
24. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that -
1. all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
2. you will take full responsibility for your partner;
3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
4. any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
25. If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
1. you will be automatically disqualified from entering or you will forfeit any prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
2. you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non-compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
26. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
27. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
28. MultiChoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.